Friday, March 16, 2007

growed up gow gow



Dear Della,

We put a box in front of your kitchen so that you could reach the microwave and the freezer easily. With that, you discovered that you could climb up and over the kitchen and hang out in the window sill. While that is cute, I wouldn't be a good mom if I just let you go around climbing on everything, right? I discovered you could do that when I heard the video tapes that are hidden back there being flung to the ground. We had a discussion about it being unsafe, etc. I thought to myself how we have entered a stage in your life that is more challenging.

Later, we had a tea party with the lady bug tea set Grammy gave you before you were born. You laid out the tablecloth and set out all four plates and tea cups. Each setting then got a knife, fork and sometimes another fork. I would ask you put down a spoon and you would. You also poured each one some tea and we drank from the cups.

Dada had a spot, Mama had a spot, Lella had a spot and...Dada had a spot. I asked if Dada had 2 spots and you replied that it was Mama's. I said I have one already. Is it for Bobby? Yes. Bobby is Michael and your new doll Grammy gave you for your 2nd birthday (Lella nine, you respond now when I say that). I enjoyed watching how much you understood the concept of a tea party at such a young age. I also noted the 2 extremes of the evenings events, climbing and a tea party as a part of being two.

We then had dinner which was leftovers of thai chicken with peppers and carrots. While making dinner, you saw the green olives and ate one of those proudly. During dinner, you threw a carrot on the floor and said "Gow gow". I thought you just wanted to give it to Henry who is always lurking around you at dinner time. Then, you got down from the chair and were on all fours trying to eat the carrot off the floor. Like a gow gow. When you couldn't quite get it in your mouth, you laid flat with your legs out like a frog and ate it. You crawled off to your room saying, "GOW, GOW".

What an eventful night, Della. I had to take extra care to remember all of those items because my mind loses them so easily and I just have to write them down. Most days are filled with these types of incidents now, and I enjoy them all. Except for the barf last night. That wasn't fun.

I love you my little 2 year old,

Mama

1 comment:

jen* said...

What a treat to see a new blog post this evening! I am so delighted to hear about Little D's doings. I especially like the image of her eating a carrot off the floor and crawling off to her room. Her personality is so much fun! Thank you for sharing an evening with the Baldwins on this blog.
~ Jen*