Monday, November 19, 2007

my birthday

Dear Della,

Yesterday, we celebrated my birthday a little early by having our family over for brunch. You were most excited about seeing Michael, and he seemed most excited about our bedroom ceiling fan.

You helped me open my gifts and promptly took away the items you liked the most. The flower sachets went into your closet to make your clothes smell good. The soap, that you correctly identified as the Eiffel Tower, went in and out of the box until I put them away not wanting them to turn to soap dust.

In the evening while we watched Spiderman 2, in between bursts of "Peta Pawker is Spidaman!" and "why, why, why", you mentioned that I did not get any toys for my birthday. "No, I didn't get any toys", I responded but left it at that. You proclaimed that you were going to ask Santa for toys. I think that is a great idea. Besides, if I got toys for my birthday, I probably wouldn't want to share them!.

Love,

Mama

No comments: