Wednesday, June 04, 2008

the wine-o

Dear Della,

Here is a snipit from our conversation on the way home from school today:

"I can't drink wine anymore."

"Why?"

"Acuz I have babies in my belly. Two babies."

"You do?"

"Yes, they are crawling in my belly. A boy and a girl. Their names are Henry and Della. So, I can't drink any wine with you."

Some time passes as we drive then,

"I don't have babies anymo'ah. Let's go inside and have some wine."

So, I am sitting here typing this having to fight you over how much of my wine you are drinking. "Just a couple of sips", I say as you try to gulp it then blow as hard as possible on my new soprano recorder.

1 comment:

jen* said...

I was so delighted to see this entry! I love the way you write Della's pronunciation instead of converting it to "grown up" talk. I love that she gave one of her babies her own name. Yeah! She knows Della is a great name!

I can totally picture her blowing as hard as she can on your recorder.

Does she prefer red or white?!

Team Baldwin Rocks.