Friday, November 07, 2008

last night in bed

Dear Della,

Last night while getting into your bed, you were wrestling around with your pillows a little. You have 3 in your bed, a full sized, feather pillow with a green, polka dot pillow case, a small fuzzy one that Granna gave you with "Princess" on it and a medium sized, feather pillow with a flower pillow case that I made that you always used when you had your toddler bed.

Now that you have the setup, here is your dialog.

"I don't want to sweep wif dis big piwwow," as you hand it to Daddy.

"I want to sweep wif dis little one," as you rest your head on the fuzzy, Princess pillow. "Dis one is too soft!".

Daddy gently suggests that you sleep with the flower pillow, and you try that one out.

"Dis one is too fwowewy," (translation: flowery) as you reach for the big one on the floor.

"Dis one is not too polka dotty!" and you lay down, content.

I love you,

Mama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin,

I like the way your write Della's pronunciation...I can imagine her saying it! Was she excited when Obama won? Also, what was her Halloween costume this year? Yesterday I learned my hairdresser's daughter wore a monkey costume and I thought of Della!

~ Jen*