Thursday, July 19, 2007

pecial moma

Dear Della,

You have begun to show preferences over toys, colors, dolls, etc. One important subject for you is mermaids. I think this first began with watching Little Mermaid but was reinforced by your mermaid dress that Grammy gave you before you were born. Since you began talking so well recently, you call mermaids Moma. We get a kick out of it because it is like the MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) in NYC. That, and most things you say are extremely cute.

You have a Little Mermaid puzzle that are quite proficient at and you still ask to watch the movie. We recently went up to the bookstore, and I managed to get out of there with 5 new books for $65. Don't let anyone ever tell you that I am not a sucker when it comes to you! One of the books you chose was a mermaid book with 5 pages and each page is a puzzle. Perfect for you! Too bad we lost one of the pieces the next day at McMenamins. But, I knew that was the risk.

You recently came across a card that Grammy and Grampy gave you for Easter. It has been in your book shelf for awhile and was still in the envelop. Over the past few months, you have enjoyed getting it out and putting it back in. This round, you have wanted me to read you what is inside, over and over.

The other day when you were home with Daddy, you asked him to read it to you too. "Pecial Moma", was your request.

We all think you are a Pecial Moma, Della.

I love you,

Mama

1 comment:

jen* said...

Dear Della,

I think it is so cool that you love books. When I was little I loved Nancy Drew books. I know you're probably not quite ready for Nancy, but maybe you'll see the movie! I think it's great that your mom and dad take you to bookstores and read to you. It must be special to listen to their voices and know how much they love you.

Mermaids rock,
~ Jen*