Tuesday, October 31, 2006

lamo mama

Dear Della-

It is Halloween today and I just dropped you off at your school. We had a fun ride in as you used your snake to shield your eyes from the sun. Normally, you scream like a vampire when the sun hits your eyes which would have been appropriate for today. You were also singing and saying things like "Yeah, wee wee beebee" (baby).

But, my fun came to an end when I realized ALL the kids in your class were dressed up for Halloween. At first I thought it was just the teachers, but then a dinosaur ran up to me, a skunk said "Hi Della" (Amelie) and there was a chicken, lady bug and so many others. I felt so bad! Teacher Jackie made me feel better by saying you were dressed up with the stars on your shirt.

When I was leaving, I noticed the sign on the gate saying, "Don't forget to wear your costumes tomorrow!". Well, you weren't at school yesterday so how was I supposed to know?? I suppose you will always feel emptiness surrounding dressing up now.

Mama

No comments: