Tuesday, November 07, 2006

potty time

Dear Della-

Last week while I was going to the bathroom and you were keeping me company, you indicated that you wanted to take your pants off too. So, I took them off along with your diaper and you sat on the little potty that we got for you. You have done this many time before and made the international sound for peeing with your mouth. But this time was different. When you got up, we both realized that you had actually peed in the potty.

I was pretty excited about it and gave you a big hug, but I did not want to make too big of a deal out of it. I mean, I know all about the "anal retentive" thing and I don't want my child to be obsessive and controlling. But, I did think about taking a picture of it to post here. I couldn't go that far though.

When you were home with Dada, you went again and then when he was telling me about it, you ran to the bathroom. You did it again! Is there a pattern here?

Tonight, I took you in to the bathroom in an effort to start more of a nightly routine for you (but actually it is for me so that I finally start washing my face at night). At any rate, on the potty you sat and I actually heard you pushing to make yourself go. You were doing it! (Dada-use weird little kid voice when reading that)

I am not sure what to make of all of it because as I said earlier, I don't want to make a big deal about it. Not changing diapers would be cool but when I think of the reality of actually going through this whole process, diapers might not be so bad.

Mama

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Miss Della,

Way to go - literally and figuratively! You are getting to be such a big girl now. I'm so proud of you.

And you are very lucky to have such a respectful mommy. If you were my child, there would be a picture of you on the potty on this website as we speak. I'm sure your cousins will have to endure years of therapy to recover from my lack of discretion.

Love you,
Aunt Phae

Grammy said...

Della,

This is a good example of babies growing up fast. I knew this was coming soon since you were letting me know when you needed a diaper change. You are such a little sweetheart. (I think Grammy better go buy a potty chair.)

Love you, Grammy